Friday, July 27, 2012

Meditation log 07/27/12

7:15 am 30 minutes seated noting. Wasn't going to sit this morning, but I felt a lot of anxiety getting ready for work. It took a while for that anxiety to become abstracted into sensation after I began sitting. I wondered if I was starting the sit in a pre-A&P nana. The last half or more of the sit was very, very pleasant. Lots of physical pleasure, some joy, and a sense of just abiding peacefully in the midst of everything, even though there was sometimes a lot of thinking and planning and also unpleasant reactivity to hearing Eric cough. When I noticed the thinking and planning I felt so happy to let go of it. Still feel the pleasure and joy.

Noted joy occasionally during walk to work.

12:40 45 minutes seated noting (last 1/2 hour with group at work). Felt like I was in the A&P as soon as I sat down. A lot of pleasure and excitement. At times I was inclined to just feel the pleasure, but I had thoughts that it would be more productive to investigate it, and at other times I just felt tired of pleasure/excitement and <i>wanted</i> to see it more deeply. I never felt like I was "abiding [peacefully or not] in the midst of everything"; I always felt like experience was a bit outside of my center. We had an engaging discussion about meditation after the bell rang, which unfortunately caused me to forget most of the details about my sitting. I like that I am able to ask specific questions ("Do you feel more refreshed and productive after meditation? Are there certain characteristics of a meditation session that are predictive of that effect?") and thus stimulate discussion that is precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment