Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Meditation log 07/24/12

5am One hour noting. Can't remember what it was like. I think it was similar to other sits in recent days.

1:10 pm Twelve minutes noting.

6:40 pm 40 minutes noting at sangha gathering. Irritated by recurring stream of thoughts about whether I've attained stream entry and what I should say about it to people. Noted thinking, aversion. Similar to other sits in recent days, started sit in what I've been calling A&P, where I snap to attention upon intending to meditate. After a little bit, experienced aversion toward thinking and toward emotions connected with tight waistband ("I'm fat!"), but then after another little bit, the fat aversion faded. Toward middle of sitting, reached a state where I wasn't noting much (or maybe even not noting anything) because phenomena just weren't coming strongly to my attention, but I wasn't dozing, either. I would say it was a peaceful state, with little thought. When I noticed that I was in this state, I asked myself whether I was "slipping into samadhi". Slipping into samadhi seems like a no-no during insight practice, so I started looking for things to note. This was less peaceful, though, and led to more thinking. It still seemed to me that I was in a relatively peaceful state, though, so I occasionally noted "peace", and thought of Beth's voice saying "peace" as I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment