Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meditation log 08/14/12

6:30 15 minutes seated noting. I was consumed with anger and thoughts of planning to protect myself.

Before meeting J, talked briefly with K, which propelled me into a jovial mood. K is so funny!

11:10 12 minutes seated noting with J. Tried to be relaxed and gentle with my attention. Not much thinking. Enjoyed very much; didn't want to stop, but didn't feel anguished about stopping.

More laughter with co-workers throughout day. Work felt rather tedious and difficult, and I (as usual) felt bad about how little I'd accomplished, and about how much I avoid putting my mind onto my work.

3:00 27 minutes gentle seated noting in the nap room. Towards the end, sleepiness was predominant, to the point where I think I stopped noting and stopped having much awareness. I had several momentary drops into unconsciousness similar to what Beth called cessations. But there was so much sleepiness surrounding them this time. My timer was set for 45 minutes but when there were 18 minutes left, I decided to recline and nap.

6:45 pm 40 minutes seated noting at SIMS. Can't remember much about it. But I was in a negative mood from the time I left work until Rodney's talk was over. Low-grade suffering, but, gratefully, no acute suffering. In particular, it wasn't painful to talk to people or be in the midst of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment