Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meditation log 08/08/12

6:17am  13 minutes inquiring noting. After a few minutes, checked to see if I was "abiding peacefully in the midst of sensation". It didn't seem that I was, but I tried to let go of my reaching out for experience, and was successful. So for the rest of the sitting, I was in that comfortable state. (Now, 3 hours later at my desk, I just tried closing my eyes and it seemed I was in that state nearly immediately.) After a few more minutes, I found I didn't want to note anymore, I just wanted to abide. So that's what I did. Wondered a little whether a fruition was coming, but let go of that wondering fairly easily. I was tired of trying to call up fruitions.

Ran & stretched with Zarina.

On commute to work, practiced relax-for-2-to-5-seconds repeatedly. Tensions in right side are present and bring some suffering.

11:00 am Very tired of right side tensions. Went to quiet room to indulge them. Curled into fetal on left side and sucked on tongue in the way I discovered yesterday. Wasn't sure what to do except try to indulge yearnings as much as possible, to feel and be as much as possible, and to see what messages or images might be associated with the yearnings (didn't find any messages/images). Sucking on my tongue was soothing, pleasurable, and satisfying. After about 10 minutes decided to get back to my desk even though yearnings were still strong. Thought about fun I would have later with Mesbah at lunch; this helped with the transition. Now, at my desk, I feel more settled, less disturbed by the tensions.

10:45 pm  15 minutes seated noting in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment