Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Log 08/21/12

6:45 am  Set timer for one hour. Mind was racing about E's business situation; thinking was so strong it would be hard to call this noting practice at all. After 45 minutes, I arose and wrote an email to E.

11 am  10 minutes seated noting with J. Mind settled fairly easily.

Committed today to staying aware of my feelings. This is bringing me into the infant state that I've been experiencing with Trip and elsewhere, making it hard to work. I spent some time in the morning being really tuned into the feeling and also lazily thinking about the work problem at hand. I found that I was able to figure some things out about the problem without stressing about it, which was wonderful. But then, to move my body and arms to the keyboard in order to take action felt really hard, just like getting up from a sitting (recently) or ending a session devoted to the infant state.

1:15 pm  70-90 minutes in the quiet room, feeling the sensations, allowing the infant state, and dozing. Tried to be very gentle with self. It felt healing and refreshing.

Late afternoon and evening, the right-side sensations felt very heavy and uncomfortable, almost like I was sick. Tried doing Byron Katie's "The Work" regarding my anger at E, but it seemed to bring me down

9:45 pm 20 minutes metta, to relieve the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment