Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meditation log 06/27/12

7:10 am  15 minutes seated noting

Woke up feeling raw and prone to anger. This passed as I interacted with Eric, thanked him for his patience, and saw the bright sunshiney day.

8am 20 minutes metta on the bus. Distracted.

1pm One hour seated noting. At first, no unpleasant sensation in right throat/torso. Then, a little. Noted "self" frequently; this seems to allow more bare attention. Having bare attention is weird in that I don't remember much of what I experience with bare attention. My mind does not categorize, tally, or interconnect what I observe ... I think that's why I sometimes think of it as an empty or void state, a non-experience. Today I noted almost no fear, but some sadness ... the sadness seemed to be at a deeper layer than over the past 6 weeks. I would note hearing, pressure, self ... then notice what seemed to be a vague sense of holding throughout my chest (not just the right side) ... then notice a large vague sadness ... then a tingling, mostly in the genitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment