Friday, June 15, 2012

Meditation log 06/15/12

6:40am One hour seated meditation. 49 minutes self-metta, 11 minutes silent noting.

8:50 am  15 minutes silent noting walking from bus to work. For a while I switched to "just being present", without noting. This is what I used to do before I adopted noting a month or two ago. I really didn't like it! It seemed that I was much less able to be detached in my awareness. Just reflecting on it now, I am resisting remembering it and feel sad when I try to. Interesting.

1pm 30 minutes silent noting with work meditation group. Not unpleasant. Remembering the discomfort I've felt recently upon emerging from meditation in this group, I anticipated the ending several times during the sitting and experienced a delicate dance of sadness, sleepiness, and fear.

8pm Meeting with Beth Resnick-Folk. I said I didn't feel like meditating together, and she totally didn't push it. I think she's trying not to push me in anything. We talked about my RLS (she encouraged me to move during meditation if it helps), about where to direct attention during noting (she encourages whatever is predominant, but if the breath or sound serves as a useful anchor, go for it), her recent retreat at IMS, and my upcoming retreat with Gil. I felt ill at ease talking with her, as I do when I talk with anyone, but the discomfort was mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment