Friday, June 8, 2012

Meditation log 06/08/12

7:15 a.m. 30 minutes seated silent noting in bed. Was easy, good concentration, not too unpleasant. Again, seemed that I was noticing things as they were ending or after they had already taken place. Sadness noted often. Sadness is often coupled with sleepiness.

8:41 a.m. Noted during morning commute: walk to bus, long bus ride (I'd missed all the fast busses), walk through Lake Union Park to work. More sadness. Sometimes I got an unidentifiable emotional churning that I noted as roiling, anguish, or churning.

I find that since I committed to working with Beth Resnick-Folk as my meditation coach, I've stopped being concerned about which stage I'm at in the progress of insight. I trust that she will guide me properly, wherever I am.

I know that at one of the earlier stages (2? 3?) one is supposed to distinguish between a phenomenon and the knowing of it. This has never been part of my experience. I don't notice these as separate. It doesn't even seem to make sense: how can one be aware of a phenomenon apart from "the knowing of it"?


No comments:

Post a Comment