Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Meditation log 06/20/12

6:45 am 35 minutes seated silent noting.

10:30 am 45 minutes seated mouthed noting. Mostly sadness and related sensations. Trying to relax and open into the sadness. As I type that, I noticed self-criticism re: "trying". Noticing sadness about many, many different kinds of things. Rocked my torso a little, thinking it's better to move than to be very still. Noted a lot of bundles of emotional sensation that I couldn't name; just noted "that".

It's hard to remember what happened during a meditation session. Sometimes I think of trying to store aspects of a session during the session itself, but I choose not to, because it interferes with the meditation.

Googling "meditation misery" to see what others besides Dan Ingram and Ron Crouch might have written about the stage called Misery, I encountered a delightful account of a beginner's experience at a seven-day retreat at the Insight Meditation Society in Barre. It vividly and unashamedly describes what's crazy and difficult, and also wonderful, about retreats.

10 pm 25 minutes seated quiet noting. Sadness, I think.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete