Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meditation log 06/12/12

6:45 a.m. 45 minute sit. About 15 minutes self-metta, then noting. I think I noted joy once and was surprised. Maybe a few times. Also sadness, but it wasn't sticky. It just pulsed through.

Acted in an unusual manner upon rising. Didn't make eye contact with Eric because I didn't feel like it. Is this sullenness? Or is it "staying within myself"? Eric was unusually kind; made me breakfast and cleaned up my dishes from making lunch. And walked me to the bus.

8:00 a.m. 40 minutes noting during commute to work. Although the bus is generally a more distracting environment than sitting at home, I found I had good concentration. While I continued to note sadness, I also occasionally noted happiness, gladness, and joy. Remarkable.

6:45 pm 40 minute sit at SIMS. Self-metta. Lots of drowsiness toward the end.

Sorted through Eric's papers with Eric. Frustrated, angry, hopeless, shame (at feeling stuck), enjoyment (I like to sort!).

11:00 pm About 45 minute sit in bed. At first, thoughts dominated, but they eventually quieted. At one point, a new releasing of some holding, then a samadhi-like state for some minutes -- meaning, I felt like I was in a place of peace and solitude and there was attention for my visual field (which was mostly dark and unremarkable). Then, enjoyment of sensation passing through body, especially hearing. Some joy was noted. Not bothered by sleepiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment