Friday, June 22, 2012

Meditation log 06/22/12

6:40am  45 minutes seated noting. At first, lots of sadness and aversion. Then, the aversion largely disappeared.

9:00am 50 minutes noting during morning commute. Wondered whether I was avoiding the  noting of pleasure. Deliberately looked for pleasant sights and noticed the sensations in the body. Sadness usually followed.

General sense of gladness that I am going through this process. Had an inkling of a notion that I really am dying in advance of death, doing a lot of the necessary letting go.

1pm 30 minutes seated noting with ISB meditation group (today, just me and Greg Z.) Sadness. Hard to emerge (as usual in recent weeks when I'm sitting mid-day with others at work).

I've been looking at my feelings about work. I have a project I'm doing right now that's really fun. But I feel sad about making progress on it. Sad to let go of it, I guess.

Tensions in right jaw and right torso quite uncomfortable today.

No comments:

Post a Comment