Thursday, June 14, 2012

Meditation log 06/14/12

7:20 am  45 minutes seated noting in the car after nabbing a cheap parking space. As usual lately, a mixture of vocal, whispered, mouthed, and silent noting. Today I started with vocal and drifted to the more non-active/quiet. Vocal/active noting creates tension and unpleasantness. Today I noted sadness, pressure, tension, sleepiness. But it was not nearly as unpleasant as last night. Also, doubt -- doubt that I was placing my attention correctly, that I was using the proper notes. Confusion amongst unpleasant, aversion, anguish, anxiety -- they all seem to come up at once and not be distinguishable.

I'd wondered how early I needed to arrive to get a cheap space. When I left my car at 8:07, the last spot had just been taken.

Continued noting while walking to the building: smell (biscuits at Serious Pie!), stepping, seeing, hearing ... pleasant (the smell of biscuits, the feeling of the smooth handrail in the stairwell, the sight of colored chalk on the sidewalk).

6:05 pm 25 minutes seated silent noting. Not too unpleasant -- until RLS sensations came. I shifted my attention to the RLS sensations, and I enjoyed the challenge of that for a while, but then sleepiness dominated and I arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment