Thursday, October 18, 2012

Log 10/18/12

7:30 am 5 minutes seated noting. Didn't leave time for more.

8:13 am 15 minutes noting on the bus. Much pleasure, more than I've experienced in any sitting in recent days. And anxiety in response to the pleasure.

A long work day. My work progressed steadily, and I continued to experience a low agitation level and relatively high confidence level.

First hard rain in several months. Eric phoned from Pennsylvania as I was trying to make a tight bus transfer while holding my umbrella, trying not to get my phone wet, waving to the driver to wait for me, and crossing against the signal. Then I bumped my leg into a bench, which triggered anger. The anger ebbed, then flowed again once I got home. It felt pretty solid, but I knew it would pretty much disappear within minutes of sitting to meditate. Remarkable.

8:44 pm One hour whispered noting. Seated, except last 5 minutes was walking/standing. This sitting was all about dukkha. Nothing in particular was bothering me, but I experienced an ever increasing craving for the session to end. I felt it as a tingling in the arms. No pleasure. It became so unpleasant that I made a concerted effort to be as solidly in the present as I could. But this brought little relief.

11:45 pm 15 minutes seated whispered noting before lying down in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment