Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Log 10/10/12

5:50 a.m. One hour seated noting. Can't remember a lot about it, except I thought it was "ordinary". Not easy, not difficult, not pleasant, not A&P. Sometimes got lost in thought.

11:10 35 minutes seated noting. I remembered to vocalize, or at least mouth, the notes in order to avoid getting lost in a train of thought. It is so effective! Attention was very good. I did not get into the state Trip calls "parasympathetic restorative" that is so painful to emerge from, and that I have lately been getting into during mid-day sittings.

4:30 pm  20 minutes seated whispered noting followed by 10 minutes walking noting (due to sleepiness). Did  not get caught in trains of thought, due to the whispering. Attention was good at first, then dozed off a couple of times. It's funny; when I fall asleep while speaking my notes, I shift into speaking whatever I'm saying in my dream. So it can be, "expanding, releasing, hearing, tell her to go to the back of the line," (or whatever random thing I might be saying in the dream). Not in A&P. Oh, but maybe halfway through the sitting part, I felt like I dropped deeper in some way. This is not uncommon during meditation; I wonder if it's a shift from one nana to another. During the walking, I kept craving for the period to be finished, but there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to do. Except maybe start a log on Kenneth Folk Dharma. Or keep reading this great article by Shinzen Young on what meditation is. Or have a tasty snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment