Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meditation log 05/31/12

Continued feeling a little sick this morning. Got ready for work slowly. No meditation.

2:45 pm 10 minutes seated silent noting at work, ending with coughing fit.

5:00 pm Arrived for counseling session with Eric. Eric didn't arrive until 5:50 -- the end of our session time -- so we had zero session. He was sad and frustrated, and expressed a wish that I would stay with him rather than meditate. I, too, was sad and frustrated, but I also felt gentleness and compassion.

6:30 pm One hour seated whispered noting. Started with moderate unpleasantness and aversion which increased to an excruciating level. Toward the end I checked my clock several times and really wanted to get up. Frequent notes were aversion, tightness, sadness, rocking, unpleasant, jerking (restless legs, which were mild and mostly in the knees), sleepiness, moisture, irritation, dryness, expansion (on in-breath).

10:00 pm About 10-15 minutes "listening for the ships in the harbor". Didn't note. I was tired and just wanted to be kind to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment