Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meditation log 05/29/12

Last night I read writings by Kenneth Folk and others on mahamudra noting.

6:15 a.m.  55 minutes silent mahamudra noting. I tried to take a more relaxed attitude than yesterday toward "listening for the ships in the harbor". Also, I often noted "listening" even when I noticed an unpleasant physical sensation or mindstate. I occasionally noticed spaciousness and relaxation, whereas during previous practice sessions I had not.

8:00 a.m. 15 minutes silent vipassana noting while riding the bus.

9:30 pm 15 minutes vocal vipassana noting. Tried to be relaxed about it as suggested by Beth. Only noted vocally about once per breath. Didn't try to be aware of everything possible. Sometimes, awareness rested on hearing for a minute or more. Not much was unpleasant ... until my restless legs syndrome (RLS) started up. I had intended to sit for 45 minutes but quit because of the restless legs. Until I can meditate with RLS, I might want to get most of my meditation done earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment