Sunday, September 9, 2012

Log 09/09/12

7:00 a.m. One hour 45 minutes seated noting. Neither particularly pleasant nor particularly unpleasant. Good concentration, little distraction, was happy to meditate and didn't desire to stop (but also didn't resist stopping). No cycles of experience/sensation. Didn't feel like A&P. Notes included expanding, pressure, hearing, pleasure, tension, craving (for some better experience), rocking, tingling, releasing, contact, warmth.

6:30 pm 40 minutes seated anapanasati concentration practice. I had a caffeine buzz from Linnea's birthday tea party a few hours earlier. The practice was very enjoyable and pleasant! A lot of pleasure ... I find myself having an unbelieving attitude toward the pleasure: this can't be happening, it can't be good, it can't be safe to enjoy this. I absolutely loved the gradual going deeper ... initially noticing tensions and distractions, wondering whether they will ever subside and whether I should do anything to make them subside ... intending to relax into the experience ... occasionally drifting into sleepiness ... and then, from time to time, just noticing that indeed I've gone deeper and the hindrances are at bay and it is so enjoyable and peaceful.

Considering doing this practice as my main practice for the coming week leading up to my retreat.

11pm 15 minutes anapanasati concentration practice before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment