Friday, June 7, 2013

Log 06/07/13

7am One hour inner work. I noticed and dialogued with emotional states as they arose. Craving became predominant. I noticed in a new and deeper way the pain of craving. Rested my attention upon it, noticed the component sensations. Did not inquire what I was craving for--had tried that many times in recent months and not gotten an answer. At one point, I felt like I dropped down into a state of a kind of nothingness and unfamiliarity. This has happened from time to time in recent weeks. This dropping is similar to the dropping I experienced on July 13, 2012 (what Beth said was probably the moment before stream entry), but much less dramatic, and with less nothingness. It's also similar to some state changes I experience during noting meditation. I tried not to search for familiar states such as craving and sadness, but to just be with the nothingness. After maybe 20 seconds I noticed that craving was there "on the side" -- and after maybe another 20 seconds, I realized that the craving was once again predominant. So I then shifted my attention back to that. Arose shortly thereafter; felt more centered in myself than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment