Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Alchemy

That unpleasant feeling I experience upon transitioning from rest to activity? Upon even considering it? Zounds! it is simply a clenching up against ... excitement! Hallelujah, what a discovery! What freedom I can now enjoy!

I discovered this just today ... or maybe last night. I was about to get off the couch, or get out of bed, or do my exercises. A familiar sense of dread arose: to do this thing I am going to have to power through that brief but distinctly unpleasant feeling,  that clenching, that resistance, that tightening of the throat that happens when I just think about moving. I investigated the clenching, saw if I could relax into it ... then something let go. I observed myself taking a deep breath as a pleasant tingling coursed through my body. Incredible. And repeatable.

The word alchemy comes to mind: it is as though I've turned lead into gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment