Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Recent shifts in practice

Over the past several weeks I have been meditating less and less, and doing more inner child work. I put my sessions with Kenneth Folk and Beth Resnick-Folk on hold. My zeal for meditation practice has lessened, and this is discombobulating. Until about the first of November, I'd meditated 1.5 hours daily almost without fail for an entire 12 months. Lately I've been spending more time on Facebook and reading the newspaper, more time than ever since I returned from the 2-month retreat 13.5 months ago. This doesn't seem desirable, but I can't think of how to stop, other than by going on another 2 month retreat and thus hitting the reset button. I'm not sure I want to go on another 2 month retreat--not sure the isolation and occasional periods of intense suffering are right. I've also been spending more time exercising lately. This seems desirable, except for how it displaces time on the cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment