Friday, August 22, 2014

What is going on

Have been meditating formally more often lately -- 30 to 90 minutes per day for the past few weeks. Noting practiced. Relaxed. Have been doing it while doing yoga, also, and it cuts through the suffering I experience while doing yoga. And have also been noting while doing other activities. Would like to get back to 90 min. formal meditation daily. Would like to get to technical 4th path. Would like to stop being imprisoned by my self. Was initially inspired by a new post by Ron Crouch in which he asserts that drug experiences pale next to the happiness of enlightenment.

Did the World Rogaining Championships last weekend with Zarina, in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Was diligent about staying hydrated and ingesting electrolytes. And possibly this is why I was not depleted the next day or the day after. Enjoyed seeing Mt Rushmore. Sewer failed while we were away. Spent the ensuing 3 days working out what to do.

Noting practice has supplanted "I love myself". I feel sad to give up "I love myself".

No comments:

Post a Comment