Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A thawing of the throat and upper chest

Yesterday I had a session with my psychotherapist, Trip, where I felt very angry at him (as I often do) and tried to stay with and ride the feeling. I began to moan deeply -- haltingly at first, then continuously for about 5 or 10 minutes. It felt right. I thought, "this is what I want to express, not 'f.u. Trip' as Trip has sometimes suggested but which never felt right".

Today, while I was meditating on the bus, the noise from somebody's headphones began to irritate me. Instead of freezing in a miserable fight against myself, as I have in response to such noises for the past 30+ years, I let go into a warm, full, vibrant feeling in my upper chest, a feeling that is not familiar but pleasant and not at all miserable.

Right now I can feel it mildly. It extends into the throat, where before today, if I was aware of any feeling at all there, I felt only tightness. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment